THE OLIVE ROUTE TOUR – The seed of the Mediterranean
Welcome to our Olive Route
In collaboration with our wonderful associates we bring you to the heart of central Spain’s earthy bread-basket. Just 45 minutes away from the capital we journey to a working ecological olive grove, where you can learn about what makes it so fundamental to not only Mediterranean history and culture, but to Europe and the rest of the world.
During this 3 hour visit, we will walk through the groves, learning about its beginnings, history, and place in the modern world. Where it comes from, where it goes, why its oil has become a necessity in the kitchen. Then we sit down (weather permitting) at the picturesque table in the middle of the grove, or under a marquee to taste and learn more, alongside some of the best gastronomic treats the region can produce from hams to cheeses to wines and more.
– When: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
– Time & Location: Pick-up point – in front of the Don Quixote Statue in Plaza de España (tour times are organized a week in advance, please consult)
– Duration: Around 5 hours (including travel)
– Who: Those who want to get to know a part of real Spain and its rural produce in an authentic rustic environment of true picturesque beauty. We have programmed tours in English and Portuguese, with other languages available upon request for private tours.
– Dietary requirements: We do have vegetarian options, but please contact us at tapas@idiomassinfronteras for any query you may have prior to any booking.
– Capacity: A maximum of 12 people per group.
– Other requests: The above information is for the open programmed tours, for any variation or private booking/request please contact us via the button above or through firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Weather: Remember not all Spain is the Costa del Sol, it can be cold here, it can rain heavily at times, at other times yes it can reach 45 degress celsius so a look at the forecast is paramount. In any case, if it does rain we supply the umbrellas! Adequate footwear for earthy terrain is recommended.