RUTA OLIVAR – A conocer lo nuestro
ISF “INTRODUCTION TO TAPAS” GASTROTOUR
Meeting point: Madrid Centre – Plaza Mayor – Statue of Felipe III
Time: 12:00 and 19:00 daily
~2½ hours duration, Plaza Mayor to Venue – 10 minutes walk
Activity address – Calle Nuncio, 17 – Madrid 28005
Group maximum: 10 pers. All food and drink provided is included in the price of €45.
Contact: +34 915 221 878 – email@example.com
In Madrid but you don’t fancy a long walking tour? Or simply want a short introduction to what the gastronomy is all about before you set out to conquer it with a fork? Well, we’ve the ideal solution. Join us at one of our “Introduction to Tapas” sessions which are held daily in central Madrid. In a comfortable and friendly setting we go through a short history of what “Tapas” is, and go through the regions of Spain describing their more famous dishes. All this while constantly bringing out fresh portions from the kitchen and a brief wine and cheese tasting section.
We’ll help you practice ordering, with phrases and prices, giving you typical requests and responses, but not overloading you either. Then, when it’s all over we’ll give you a few recommendations around the city of where to go for certain dishes that you have expressed an interest in.
Images kindly provided by El Escaldón
– When: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
– Time & Location: Twice daily, at 12:00pm and 19:00 p.m. in Plaza Mayor, Statue of Felipe III (Metro Sol/Opera).
– Duration: Around 2½ hours
– Price: €45 per adult/adolescent aged 12+ (non-alcoholic drinks for adolescents).
– What’s included: At least 8 tapas and 4 beverages, a short walk explaining the area before getting to the venue, explanations of “Tapas”, written and oral help and explanations of how and what to order, including transactions, info and anecdotes about the food, Madrid, and Spain in general, an idea of where to go and what to order there for the rest of your visit.
– Who: Those who want to get to know “Tapas” before maybe getting trapped in the typical tourist experience and thinking they get more than they actually do. We have programmed tours in English and Portuguese, with other languages available upon request for private tours.
– Dietary requirements: We do have vegetarian options, but please contact us at tapas@idiomassinfronteras for any query you may have prior to any booking.
– Capacity: A maximum of 10 people per group.
– Other requests: The above information is for the open programmed tours, for any variation or private booking/request please contact us via the button above or through firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Weather: Remember Madrid is not Marbella, it can be cold here, it can rain heavily at times, at other times yes it can reach 45 degress celsius so a look at the forecast is paramount. In any case, if it does rain we supply the umbrellas!